Windows 10 can take a screenshot, record a video on your screen without the use of any third-party software. This Windows 10’s easy-to-use Capture utility is called “Game Bar“.
This game bar comes with a windows 10 pre-installed software “Xbox Game Bar” which works perfectly for gamers and aside from gaming, it can also act as a screen capture tool which records your screen in H.264 MP4 format.
The Capture widget can be found in the amongst Game Bar’s “Widget Menu” feature. You’ll also need to run on windows 10 may update or later.
How to Initiate Screen Capture on Windows 10
- Firstly, You’ve to check if Game Bar is already activated (It should be activated automatically tho), Navigate to Settings > Gaming > Toggle the Game Bar Icon ON.
- Now, Press Windows + G to launch Game Bar. Alternatively, you can navigate to Search > Game Bar and Click on it.
- Search for “Capture” in the Game bar Overlay or you can locate with the camera icon beside the volume option.
- If it ain’t amongst the overlay, then click on the Bullet like widget icon and select Capture from the drop-down list to enable it to feature in the overlay options.
Taking Screenshots on Windows 10 with Screen Capture Tool
- Screenshot: Takes a screenshot of the active window.
- Record last 30 seconds: Creates a recording of the previous 30 seconds.
- Start recording: Starts recording your active window.
- Turn on the mic while recording: If this option is enabled, Windows 10 will capture audio from your computer’s microphone and include it in the recording.
The Screen Record feature might be available for some PC’s depending on your hardware configuration but you’ll be able to make use of the screenshot feature.
- Use the Shift + Windows Key + S to access the Snip & Sketch tool.
- Simply crop the portion you’d like to screenshot,
- You’ll see a pop-up with the screenshot,
- Click on it to crop, save and share if you want to.