Instagram now allows you to see all the links you’ve visited through its built-in web browser.
This feature is launched to enable users to revisit links they’ve opened previously as their search history isn’t catalogued on their main browser’s history.
Below is how you can easily access links visited on Instagram.
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device
- Click on your display picture by the bottom-right corner
- Tap the three-line menu icon and select “Activity” from the options
- You’ll find all the links you’ve clicked on Instagram under the “Links” tab. You can tap any link to revisit the web page.
- If you want to hide a link, then simply long-press on the link and select “HIDE“
- There’s also a hide history link at the top that allows you to hide the complete history of visited links from “Your Activity” Page.
While the above action is irreversible, you can still get a list of visited links by downloading a copy of your Instagram data.
Note: Hiding the link won’t clear your history from Instagram servers. it will only hide it from your profile. Facebook/Instagram can continue to use it for personalizing your ads on its group of social apps.
You can also clear the cache saved in the Instagram in-built browser by navigating to Settings > Account > Browser Settings > Now “Clear”.
The above step will clear saved cookies and cache generated from all the web pages that you’ve viewed on Instagram.
This Article was Originally Posted on Lukastech Blog – We Expound Technology. If you enjoyed the post be sure to visit our site and follow us on Twitter, Facebook.