Whatsapp has low-key unveiled a feature on the web version which allows users to create custom stickers without the use of any app for free.
This implies that you won’t need any of those third-party apps to make stickers again since you can quickly navigate to the Whatsapp web and make any sticker of your desire.
In another development, WhatsApp official app now supports the import of stickers from third-party sticker maker apps.
For those who don’t understand, if you followed our guide on how to make Custom Animated Stickers for WhatsApp on Android, you’ll find out that we imported our animated stickers to a mod Whatsapp before sending it to our main Whatsapp account for “adding to favourite“.
Yet, the feature is only available on the Whatsapp web and hopefully to the Whatsapp desktop but we aren’t sure of its launch for smart devices since there is no official statement from the Meta-owned company.
Although we aren’t sure if you can make animated stickers with this feature, you can still try our guide on creating animated stickers for Whatsapp free.
To use this feature on your desktop, follow the below guide;
- Go to Whatsapp web and select a chat
- Click on the emoji icon and then navigate to the paperclip icon(Whatsapp sticker) beside it
- Now, click on “CREATE” to select any desired image or gif file to import
- You can now crop, outline the image, add text, add stickers, add emoji, paint the imported images and other minor edits
- You can now hit the send icon to send and automatically save the sticker to your collection.
Since we all can agree that stickers are replacements for emoji as they help us express ourselves without much text… why not explore this new feature while we await Whatsapp Offical announcement.