This article will give you a complete guide on how to sell your NFT without Gas Fees on OpenSea.
|list nft without gas fees|
If you’ve been following our guide on NFTs then you’ll realise it’s one thing to mint NFTs and another thing to Sell your NFTs, let’s not talk about getting verified to attract more sales to your NFTs.
For those who aren’t familiar with what NFTs are – Non-Fungible Tokens are unique digital assets that are stored on the blockchain which may include but are not limited to an Art, a picture, a meme, a tutorial, a skit, a tweet, a Song, Music Video, Real estate e.t.c.
You can check on our complete guide on how to mint your first NFT to know more about NFTs and how to mint them but for this article, we’ll be talking about how to sell your NFTs without paying gas fees on the OpenSea Market Place.
Back to our topic for today, do you know you can sell NFT without paying gas fees on OpenSea? Yes, it is but I bet you don’t know before now.
What are NFT gas fees?
NFT gas fees are a one-time payment that must be initiated when carrying out a transaction on the Ethereum BlockChain to cover the energy or in most cases sign the wallet you’re selling from.
Some marketplace like OpenSea collect it just once in a lifetime meanwhile some collect gas fees for every transaction(listing, buying, selling) you initiate on the marketplace.
Why is NFT gas so Expensive?
Gas fees might also vary depending on the marketplace and the number of transactions going on at a particular moment.
The more transaction being processed at that time calls for higher gas charges since the Blockchain network has to waste enough energy in the process.
You can check how the fees fluctuate on gasnow.org.
How do I Avoid NFT gas Charges?
You can sell your NFTs without gas Charges using the Mintable marketplace or Polygon network on the OpenSea marketplace.
Selling without gas fees also means with 0 Ethereum in your metamask wallet (or whichever wallet you prefer).
If you’re new here, kindly click here to see all you need to begin minting NFTs and revert here to sell them for free avoiding NFT gas charges.
There are a lot of marketplaces but for this article, we’ll be working with OpenSea which is the most popular marketplace at the moment.
So, let me assume you’ve created a collection on OpenSea, now, I’ll advise you to come back here to Create and sell your NFTs using the below guide.
How to Add a New Item to My collection on OpenSea
- Go into any of your collections and click on “Add Item”
- Insert your NFT into the image section and fill other required boxes such as name, description, properties (if applicable), supply (amount of item the item that can be minted.) e.t.c
- The external link might be a link to your project website, your Twitter, website e.t.c
- Now, under the BlockChain section, select “Polygon” which offers a fast, gas-free experience and also works with Ethereum. (It might show polygon by default, depending on the default Blockchain you selected while creating your collection)
- Lastly, click on “Create” and complete the verification captcha to complete creating your NFT.
How to Sell NFTs without Gas Fees (or Charges)
If you followed the procedure used in selling your NFT here, you’ll likely be asked to pay a one-time gas fee due to we are working on the Ethereum Blockchain but this time we’re working with polygon which allows you to sell your NFTs without charging you for gas fees.
- Click on the NFT you just created in your collection
- Click on the “Sell” button on the blue background close to the ”Edit” button on the white background at the top-right side.
- Input the price of your NFT in ETH
- Select the duration for which it’ll be listed
- Now, click on “Complete listing”
- Since it’s your first time, you’ll be asked to “Unlock Selling Functionality” and to “Unlock Currency”, click on it and approve from your meta-mask account (you might encounter an error during unlocking but keep retrying, it’s merely a technical glitch from the polygon network)
- Next, is to sign your listing using your wallet to continue, click on “Sign” then approve.
- Viola, you should get a “Woot! Your NFT is listed!” notification.
Your NFT is now up for buying by any potential customer who might like your craft and would like to own it.
You can also decide to cancel your listing on OpenSea by opening your item and clicking on “Cancel listing”
After listing NFTs, What Next?
Start sharing the link to your NFT on forums, Twitter, Reddit, discords or places where you can find potential buyers, hopefully, you’d make money from your NFT someday.
That’s all on how to sell NFTs without gas fees on the OpenSea marketplace. Do well to drop any additional tips you might have on becoming successful in marketing NFTs.