Do you know you can cancel a Zelle payment if it’s still on pend? Continue reading to find out how.
Canceling a payment is the ideal option to resort to if you notice you’ve fallen for a scam or changed your decision about making a payment.
However, just like it applies to cancel a payment on PayPal, payment can only be canceled if the recipient hasn’t been enrolled in Zelle.
So, if the payment status has already been completed; there’s no way to cancel your payment.
You can only resort to filing a dispute from your bank, requesting a refund, or sending the recipient a mail.
Without wasting much time, let’s see how to Cancel a Zelle payment on chase, bank of America, and other supported banks.
How to Cancel a Payment on Zelle
You can either cancel a Zelle payment from the Zelle app or from your mobile banking app.
Remember, payment can only be canceled if it is pending and hasn’t been accepted.
- Open the Zelle App
- Go to your account activity history
- Locate and open a pending payment you’ll want to cancel
- Click on “Cancel this Payment” from the option
The receiver should get a mail or SMS notifying them of a canceled Zelle payment.
Now, let’s see how to Cancel a Zelle payment from our mobile banking app.
Regardless of the bank, you use to enroll to Zelle – Chase Bank, Bank of America, SunTrust, TD Bank, Wells Fargo Bank – here’s a way to quickly cancel sent payments.
- Open your mobile banking app
- Select “Send Money with Zelle” from the options
- Click on the transaction history from the options
- Find and open the pending or scheduled payment you want to cancel
- Click on the “Cancel this Payment” from the available options
That’s all about canceling your Zelle payment(s).
How to Cancel a Zelle Transfer
Canceling a Zelle transfer is similar to when you want to cancel a payment. All can be done from the activity page.
Although, transfers can only be canceled if they haven’t been completed.
- Sign in to your Zelle account
- Go to your Zelle activity history
- Locate the pending transfer and open it
- Tap on “Cancel Transfer” and the money will be reversed to your Zelle account.
That’s all you need to know about canceling a Zelle transfer.
However, in most cases, there might not be an option to cancel a transfer since it’s instant.
How to Cancel a Zelle Account
I don’t know if there’s a way to cancel your Zelle account by yourself but you can contact Zelle support or your bank to help you with that.
Here’s a link on how to Cancel Zelle from Zellepay – https://www.zellepay.com/faq/how-do-i-cancel-zelle
This article has discussed all the steps you need to follow if you want to cancel a Zelle payment, transfer, and account.
Do well to drop a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions