If you have the “how do you unpin someone on Snapchat” question at heart then here’s how to go about it
Just like WhatsApp, the pinning feature on Snapchat is provided so that you can keep a tab on frequently contacted persons or groups. The chat/group will remain at the top of your messages with a pin (📌) icon next to their name.
The only difference is that, unlike WhatsApp, the Snapchat pin feature comes in two forms, the Snapchat+ subscription, and normal conversation pinning.
You can unpin someone on Snapchat by tapping and holding the pinned chat on Snapchat then selecting “chat settings” then proceeding to select “unpin conversation”
There’s also a “Pin ‘name’ as your #1 BFF ❤️” option but that’s a feature that requires you to have an active Snapchat+ subscription.
For further clarification, let’s see the detailed process of what you should do to unpin someone on Snapchat.
How Do you Unpin Someone on Snapchat?
The first thing that comes to mind after a breakup, failed/ successful business, or collaboration is to unpin the conversation since it won’t be of much importance.
Follow the below guide to unpin someone on Snapchat.
- Open your Snapchat app and move to your chats
- The person should already be at the top since he/she is already pinned
- Tap and hold on the name to bring up quick options
- Tap on “Chat Settings” from the option
- Click on “Unpin Conversation”
Any message the person sends from henceforth will follow the Snapchat message timestamp rather than stick to the top.
That’s all about unpinning a chat on your Snapchat chat.
You can also decide to block a person if you no longer wish to receive chats from them anymore.
Here’s a way to do that:
- Go to your Snapchat app
- Locate the chats of the recipients
- Tap and hold on the name to reveal options
- Click on “Manage Friendship” from the options
- Select the “Block” option and confirm your selection by tapping “Block” on the prompt.
I hope the above guide answers the “how to unpin on Snapchat” question? Yes, I Know.
Let’s take an introductory look at how the Snapchat+ feature works.
How to Pin Someone on Snapchat
If you are just into a new project, deal, or relationship that requires a frequent check-ups and communication then you’ll need to pin their chats.
It’ll save you the stress of having to scroll through your chats whenever you want to have a discussion with them.
Here’s a complete guide on how to pin someone on Snapchat.
- Go to your Snapchat chat box
- Locate the recipient you’d love to pin their chat
- Tap and hold on the name to unveil the options
- Select “Chat Settings” from the option
- Tap on the “Pin Conversation” option to get the chat pinned.
Their another option that allows you to pin the shortcut to their chat on the home screen, for those who would like to access the chats without necessarily opening the Snapchat app.
What is Snapchat+
Snapchat+ is a paid option on Snapchat that gives users access to experimental and pre-released features for a little charge.
Features such as;
- Custom App themes and icons
- Snapchat Badge
- Story Timer
- Bitmoji background
- Capturing Color
- Custom notification sound
- Story rewatch indicator
- Pin as Best Friend Forever (BFF ❤️)
- Post View emoji and so on.
You can check the full like in the attached image.
The price differs from region to region but it’s ideal if you’re really into Snapchat.
However, I don’t see any difference between this feature and the follow come pin chat feature.
To access the Snapchat+ program, simply follow the below guide.
- Go to your Snapchat chats and select a chat you’d like to pin as your BFF
- Tap and hold on the name to bring up options
- Tap on the “Pin ‘name’ as your #1 BFF ❤️” option, usually at the top
- You’ll be promoted to get a Snapchat+ subscription.
- Follow the prompts to complete your payment and enjoy its amazing features.
That’s all on how to unpin someone on Snapchat for free.
How do you unpin someone on Snapchat 2022?
You can unpin someone on Snapchat by navigating to your chats, tapping and holding on the name of the person, and selecting pin conversation under chats settings.
How do you unpin someone on Snapchat with the new update?
You can unpin someone on Snapchat new update by navigating to your chats, tapping and holding on the name of the person, and selecting pin conversation under chats settings.
Why can’t I unpin someone on Snapchat?
You’ll need an active internet connection to be able to successfully pin someone on Snapchat so check if your internet coverage is full.
Also, make sure you’re running on the latest Snapchat app, the previous version might have bugs that have been fixed.
Can someone tell if you unpin them on Snapchat?
No, they won’t be notified when you unpin them.
What does pinning someone as your #1 BFF do?
Best Friend Forever (BFF) as the name implies is a tag used to represent someone who you chat often with. Once you get them pinned, their name will be at the number one spot of your chat making their inbox easily accessible.
Snapchat is a great chat and media tool that helps people keep in touch with their family and loved ones.
In the course of using the app, there might be times when we feel someone needs to be pinned and unpinned due to personal reasons.
In this article, I’ve discussed how to unpin someone on Snapchat and vice versa.