This Article from Lukastech Blog will give us the full guide on how to increase the RAM of our Smartphones (Manually, Rooted, Unrooted, With SD card e.t.c).
On The Other Hand:
When you’ve had a smartphone for a while it can start to feel slow, and RAM — random access memory, which is where your phone stores its stuff as it’s using it — can be part of the problem. If your phone doesn’t have enough RAM it can struggle, but there are ways to address that. You can even create extra RAM without cracking the case or reaching for a soldering iron.
What is a RAM (Random Access Memory)?
We all learnt about this in school and it was discussed in a layman language as what your device uses when it’s doing something. For example, when you’re editing a photo both the photo and the app you’re using to edit it are in the device’s RAM; when you finish editing the photo is then saved to your device’s storage so it can’t get lost.
The more RAM you have the more you can do, so, for example, you can have more browser tabs open, more apps running or more system features doing their stuff.
The problem with RAM is that it isn’t always empty properly, and apps don’t always behave. Some apps and system processes run when you don’t need them to, and others don’t clean up after themselves when they quit. After a while, those issues can produce noticeable results such as slow performance, lagging and stuttering, and the odd crash.
Like internal storage, RAM is a physical component of your device so you can’t just stick more in. What you can do, though, is use it more efficiently — or use some clever tricks to create RAM from other kinds of storage.
RAM — shown here in desktop form — is physically limited in every device. Unlike PCs, you can’t just stick more memory into your phone or tablet.
How to increase your RAM without root access
Now that you know what RAM is, we’ll show you how to preserve it. In this first part, we focus on tips for non-rooted devices.
For those devices, you can’t magically add more memory, but you can make better use of what you’ve got. As a rule of thumb, the more your phone is doing the more RAM is being used, so if you can reduce what’s running you can free up more memory for the tasks that really matter.
1. Limit widgets and live wallpapers
Widgets and live wallpapers are both pretty greedy when it comes to RAM usage. Many refresh often and occupy bandwidth, while some are continuously active. This can also cause your battery to drain faster. So remember to limit the number of them in effect to optimize your current available memory.
Animated wallpapers can take up a lot of RAM.
2. Disable applications
Some applications take up RAM even if they aren’t currently being used, so you’re getting all the downsides of unnecessary RAM use without anything to show for it. Organizing which apps should and should not be running in the background can take time, but it’s worth it to improve your smartphone performance.
To disable an application, go to Settings and then Apps or Application Manager. Next, go to the All tab to get the list of all the applications currently on your device.
To disable an application, tap on it, then tap Disable and confirm. Be careful not to disable everything and anything, unless you want to end up with an unstable system, but most apps that don’t come pre-installed on your handset are pretty safe to disable (or delete entirely if you never use them).
Head to your device settings menu, then the apps page.
Next, tap on the app you wish to disable and tap Disable.
3. Disable animations
Animations often steal RAM and are quite inessential; you can manage these in the developer options. To enable Developer Options on your device, go to your Settings, then About Phone and then tap on the build number about seven times until it notifies you that you have become a developer. (Please note that this has no negative effect on your device, it just adds the developer options menu in your settings. You just need to be cautious when poking around in there.)
In the ‘About phone’ menu, tap on the build number a few times until it enables the developer options. You can then access that page from your settings menu.
Once you have done this, go back into your phone settings and scroll down to Developer Options. Next, go into the Drawing section and turn off the following options. Your RAM will thank you for it:
- window animation scale
- Transmission Animation scale
- Animator duration scale
Go to the drawing section and turn off the animations options.
How to Increase Your RAM When You Have Root Access.
In this section, we are going to see how to increase your RAM on a rooted device. This can be achieved through an app called ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP).
Ram Expander is an awesome app that will increase Ram of your Android Device by converting a Part of SD Card Memory into RAM. That is your SD Card will now be used as a Virtual Ram for your Android Device.
Google Play Description.
Free SD card memory as a RAM use (SWAP RAM / SWAP MEMORY)
– Swapfile RAM expansion up to 4.0 GB (file system limit)
– No limit on SWAP partition!
– The usual performance degradation when paged not occur with sd card from class-8
– Widget for PNP swap (swap on/off swap)
– Detailed Memory Information & Analysis
– Swappiness kernel parameter set
– Easy foolproof use (1 click optimization and automatic calculation)
– Supporting Tung all Android devices (root access and Kernelswap support)
How to Use RAM Expander to Increase RAM on Android Smart Phone
Before buying this app you must check the compatibility of this app on your device. Try this testing app
MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check before you buy RAM Expander. Whether Your device is compatible with ROEHSOFT RAM Expander.
If your device is Compatible, then Buy and Download this RAM Expander.
• After installing it chose your language.
• Then use the slider to select the amount of space you want to allocate to your swap partition, tap Optimal Value to automatically adjust the settings for the best performance, make sure Autorun is on.
• Now Create a SWAP File by clicking Swap Active and Enable it.
• After you finish with this just click on the Grey Box and Swap Active.
Note: Tap optimal value and make sure autorun is ON, Before tapping Swap Active.
Boom, you’ve successfully increased RAM of your Android device.
Free Method / Manual Method to increase ram in Android Smart Phone
You just need to follow these steps to increase the RAM of your Android device.
Requirements to increase ram in Android Smart Phone
• SD Card of Class 4 or Higher.
• Rooted Android Smart Phone or tablet.
• Windows Pc
• SD Card Reader
• And some Software
Note: To increase your Ram, Your phone must be rooted.
Step 1: Check whether your Android phone support swapping or not.
Note: To convert your SD Card into Ram, your phone needs to support Swap function. To check this download Swap Check application.
Try this testing app MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check.
√ If your device support Swap function then proceed with Step 2
Step 2: Now you need to partition your SD Card.
• For this Google Mini Tool partition and Download it on your Windows PC.
• Now Connect your SD Card to your PC. You can use Card Reader for this.
• Now open Mini Tool Application and click on your SD card and Select the Delete Option.
• This action will Format your Card and now you have an unallocated Space.
• Now Make partition by right-clicking on your SD card. Select the partition as primary and file system as FAT 32 for a card more than 4GB.
• Leave about 1 GB memory for next partition.
• Then select done and again click on make partition option select primary partition but change the file system to EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4.
• Click on apply changes and after processing for a few minutes your partition is completed.
Step 3: Root Your Android Device
• Now you need to Download and install Link2SD.
• Launch this app and give root permission. Now Chose the .ext partition that we made earlier.
• Sorts the app and start linking them.
Step 4: Increasing the RAM of your Android Device
• For this, you need to Download
Swapper for Root.
• Launch the app and select the amount of RAM you want to increase.
• This will create a .swp file and it will increase the RAM of your Android Device.
Now Check for your Ram Size. It must have increased by the amount you selected.
Other Free Apps to Boost RAM
If you don’t want to waste money on buying this premium app. There are hundreds of free apps that also claim to increase or boost the Ram of Android Device by optimizing RAM of your Android Device. Here I am listing a few tested and verified apps to increase ram in android.
Its the most popular app to optimize RAM of your Android device. It Works by Killing the Low priority Processes or by Allocating Memory for High Priority Tasks. It is a very lightweight and very small app with a great user interface and is come in four different modes: Aggressive, strong, medium and gentle.
It is another popular app to optimize the Ram of your Android Device and is available in both a free and premium version. Easy to use the app with the great user interface. It optimizes the memory of your Android device by De-fragmenting Your Memory or by Preventing Memory leaks caused by different Applications.
That’s all, for now, Readers, you have successfully learnt how to increase the RAM of your Smartphone. But if you still have any problem regarding this, You can ask via comments.