For privacy reasons, both Chrome and Firefox browsers don’t allow users to take screenshots in its incognito mode on Android. However, you can remove this restriction if you want to but most users don’t know how to go about this.
Although the main function of incognito mode is to keep your sessions private, taking screenshots of these tabs doesn’t make your browsing private – which works contrary to the purpose of incognito mode.
Nevertheless, there are times when we’ll need to take a screenshot on these tabs and we won’t be close to a device to take a snapshot with it.
Well, here is a way to enable and disable taking screenshots in chrome and firefox incognito tabs.
How to Take Screenshots in Chrome Incognito Mode
Chrome browser, unlike Firefox, doesn’t allow users to remove this restriction from the settings menu, which may be why most users don’t have access to it, instead, this option can be found in the flags menu.
The flag menu has all of chrome’s experimental features, and the one we’re going to enable is still experimental.
However, that = doesn’t mean that the feature crashes or doesn’t work, at least, it worked very well while we used it
- Firstly, Launch your chrome browser and type the below text in the address bar
- Chrome’s flag screen will open with a search box above
- Next, search for “Incognito Screenshot” in the search box
- You’ll see the Incognito Screenshot option with a drop-down menu beneath it
- Tap the drop-down menu to expand and select “Enabled” from the options.
You can still repeat the above step and disable this option whenever you want to.
You’ll also need to restart chrome to bring the changes into effect, Tap “Relaunch” at the bottom-right corner of your screen to close and re-open Chrome.
You can now take screenshots in Incognito tabs on chrome without any restriction whatsoever.
How to Take Screenshots in Firefox Private Tabs on Android
We’ll go straight to the point on this one since you can remove this restriction from the settings;
- Launch your Firefox Browser
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of your screen and select “Settings“
- Select “Private Browsing” from the list
- Switch On the “Allow screenshots in private browsing” option.
© Lukastech Inc.