Going live on TikTok is a great way for creators to connect with their audience in real-time and share their content with a wider audience.
However, TikTok currently has a requirement that users must have at least 1,000 followers in order to go live.
This can be a challenge for newer or smaller creators who are looking to grow their audience and reach on the platform.
Despite this requirement, there are still a few ways that you can go live on TikTok without 1,000 followers.
Although it isn’t guaranteed to work, it’s better to try than not do anything about it.
How to go live on TikTok without 1k followers
Now, there’s no shortcut to enabling the live feature on your account other than to request the feature.
This will also require your cognitive skills to be able to convince TikTok that the live option should be enabled for you.
- Open the TikTok app and navigate to your profile
- Go to settings and privacy
- Scroll down to the “support and about” section
- Click on Report a Problem
- Select “LIVE” under the topics
- Next, select “Other hosting Live issues”
- Tap “No” to the is your problem solved questionnaire.
- Now, tap on “Need more help?”
- Now, write a formal message telling TikTok why you think your account deserves to have the LIVE option despite having a follower count below their threshold.
- You can also attach any photo proof and maybe statistics that’ll make them consider you.
- Next, click on the “submit” option
- It usually takes 24 to 72 hours for TikTok to give you feedback on your report.
If your message is convincing enough then the LIVE option should be enabled for you even without 1000 followers.
Here are a few tips and strategies that you can try to reach the 1,000 following requirements.
1. Collaborate with other creators
One way to go live on TikTok without 1,000 followers is to collaborate with other creators who do have the required number of followers. By partnering with a creator who is already able to go live, you can share the spotlight and reach a larger audience.
2. Engage with your audience
One of the key factors in building a large following on TikTok is engagement. By regularly creating and sharing high-quality content, commenting on and liking other user’s posts, and responding to comments and messages from your followers, you can build a strong and loyal community on the platform.
3. Utilize hashtags and challenges
Hashtags and challenges are a great way to discover and participate in trends on TikTok. By using relevant hashtags and participating in popular challenges, you can expose your content to a wider audience and potentially gain more followers.