In order to safeguard your account, PayPal enforces restrictions on both withdrawals and sending, which can prove to be exasperating, particularly for those engaging in large-scale trading.
As of the time of writing, PayPal accounts are subject to an annual sending limit of $3,702.06 USD and an annual withdrawal limit of $57,498.53 USD.
You can verify your PayPal account by linking your debit card, debit card, or bank account. However, if you want to totally lift the limit on your PayPal account, link a bank account.
This is because linking a card will only increase your limit to the values stated above but will not permanently lift the withdrawal limit on your PayPal.
In this article, I’ll show you how you can view the limitations on your PayPal account and how to also lift the withdrawal limit on your PayPal.
How to view limitations on my PayPal Account
If your withdrawals are being blocked and you want to be sure that it’s because of the account limit.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the three horizontal lines and go to “Account Settings”
- Click on “Account Access” > Limits
- Now, click on “View Limits” to view the limits on your PayPal account
You can click on the lift Limits and follow the prompts to lift the withdrawal limit.
Now, let’s see a step-by-step guide on how to Remove the withdrawal limit on your PayPal.
How to Remove Withdrawal Limit on PayPal
PayPal withdrawal Limits can only be lifted by linking your bank account and nothing else.
If you’re having trouble with your withdrawals even after lifting your limit then you should reach out to the issuing bank or PayPal for assistance.
- Log in to your PayPal account and ensure that your email address is verified
- Open the drop-down menu by taping on the 3-horizontal lines at the upper right side of the screen (PayPal Web)
- Tap on “Pay and Get Paid”
- Under wallets, select “Banks and Cards”
- Navigate to the banks’ section and click on “Link a new bank”
- Select the account type and fill in the required details, such as your routing number, account number, and account name.
- Click on “Agree and Link” then follow the prompts
PayPal will most likely send a token into the bank account with a code attached and ask you to provide the code. So, do well to check your bank statement or debit alerts for this 4-digit code.
You can now start withdrawing from your account without the limitations attached.
Also, despite the fact that your limits have been lifted, PayPal still reserves the right to decline your withdrawals if they suspect it to be high risk.
If you have tried the above steps and are still unable to remove the withdrawal limit, you may need to contact PayPal customer service.
How do I remove a limit from PayPal?
You can remove PayPal Limitations by linking a valid credit card, debit card, or bank account to your PayPal account.
How can I lift my PayPal withdrawal limit?
You can link your PayPal withdrawal limit by linking a USA bank account to your account.
How do I increase my sending limit on PayPal?
To increase your PayPal spending limit, ensure to link a valid credit card or bank account to your PayPal account.
Why is PayPal saying I’ve reached my limit?
Paypal tells you that you’ve reached your limit if your account is unverified with a spending threshold on it. You can either wait or provide more documents to increase your limit.